Experienced personnel and friendly atmosphere will help you to recover as quick as possible!
There are more than 2,000 clinics in Germany.
One of them is St. Vincent Clinic in Karlsruhe.
St. Vincent Clinic has more than 150 years of rich history. Nowadays it is a modern diagnostic and treatment center on the basis of the University of Freiburg.
Karlsruhe Clinic is one of the oldest clinics both in Germany and the whole Europe. The newest treatment methods are used here together with traditional approach.
Karlsruhe Clinic is a modern medical center that includes 20 specialized clinics (also based on the Department of Medicine of Freiburg University) and 5 institutes.
Latest medical innovations, knowledge and experience of high-quality personnel are combined here. Interdisciplinary approach to the treatment enables all patients to get maximum chances for quick recovery by choosing the most efficient treatment method.
Main clinical focus of the St. Vincent Clinic is surgery and treatment of cancer. The clinic specializes in treatment of hematologic cancers (leukosis, lymphoma, leukemia), and organ pathology of the lungs, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, breast.
Doctors of the clinic use complex immunologic approach in their practice. Unique medical equipment is used for comprehensive up-to-date diagnostics and treatment.
Prostate cancer is treated with radioisotopic brachytherapy, bronchi tumors are laser removed. Trans-bronchial radiation treatment and individually adjusted targeted sparing radiation treatment are also available here.
Clinic ensures excellent results of targeted therapy due to large experience of the doctors and excellent clinic’s equipment.
Professor Jörg W. Metzger, doctor of medical science, is the director of the Onсology, Hematology and Immunology Clinical Complex of St. Vincent Clinic since 1996. He is renowned world-wide for his contribution to development and use of chemotherapy. Professor Metzger is a full member of Germany Oncology Society and Germany Leukemia Society for therapists, American Society of Clinical Oncology (АSCO), and European Society for Medical Oncology.
In his practice, Professor Jörg W. Metzger adheres to the rule that chemo treatment should be adjusted individually to each patient with the use of the latest achievements in treatment. Professor Metzger is an author of more than 150 scientific papers and a wide range of practical treatments methods for various oncological diseases.
The Center includes three departments equipped with high quality medical equipment:
- Department of General and Visceral Surgery
Clinical Director - Michael R. Schön, MD
Special Clinical Focus:
- - Pancreatic and hepatic disorders
- - Bowel, gaster and esophagus disorders
- - Endocrine surgery
- - Proctology surgery
- - Treatment of cancer and benign tumors of the internal organs and systems
- - Minimal invasive surgery and diagnostics
- - Endoscopic surgery and diagnostics
- Emergency Orthopedic Surgery Department
Clinical Director - Professor K. Müller, Associate Professor, Doctor of Medicine.
The Department adheres to traditional (non-surgery), endoscopic, and minimally invasive methods of treatment. Alongside with that, various non-invasive treatment methods for injuries, diseases of joints, bones and soft tissues are used.
Special Clinical Focus:
- Hand surgery:
- - Treatment of fractures and injuries of bones, ligaments and joints.
- - Treatment of navicular bone fractures
- - Open and endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery
- - Arthroscopic surgery and studies
- - Arthroscopy of the joints of hand
- - Treatment of the finger joints arthritis
- - Surgical treatment of the wrist
- - Surgery and tenoplasty aimed at improvement of hand manipulation.
- - Correction of bone and joint disorders.
- Shoulder Surgery:
- - Range of methods involves treatment of sequellae after injuries, shoulder ligament and joints injuries, degenerative joint changes, and diseases of soft tissues.
- Surgery of the lower limbs:
- - Tendon ruptures, bone fractures, muscle tissue injuries are treated the latest methods, along with conservative methods of treatment. Those methods also include endoscopic surgery and reconstructive surgery.
- - If necessary, the clinic provides total or partial replacement of joints of the shoulders, hips, knees.
- - Surgery for infectious diseases of the joints, bones and muscles, surgical stabilization of pathologies and primary bone tumor genesis are also carried out at the department.
- Vascular System Surgery Department
Clinical Director – Prof. Dr. med. Storck.
Special Clinical Focus includes treatment of defects and injuries of the arteries, various vascular diseases, and treatment of veins, lymphonodi and ducts.
The Department uses both nonsurgical therapy and operative therapy.
Clinical Director - Prof. Dr. med. Albert Augustin.
Special Clinical Focus:
- Treatment of cataract and glaucoma
- Laser eye surgery
- Diseases of the eye cornea
- Disorders of vitreous body
- Diseases of the retina
Clinical Director – Prof. Dr. med. Werner Heppt
Special Clinical Focus:
- Endoscopic surgery and microscopic endonasal surgery in inflammatory diseases of the paranasal sinuses and the nose
- Microscopic surgery in chronic inflammation of the middle ear, in hearing disorders
- Installation of a cochlear implant.
- Treatment and diagnostics of allergic diseases.
- Cancer and benign tumors surgery.
- Plastic surgery
- Sleep Laboratory - identifying the causes of sleep apnea, snoring treatment.
Clinical Director - Prof. Dr. med. Hering.
Doctors working at the clinic regularly conduct scientific research in the field of dermatology and therefore have vast experience in this field.
A distinctive feature of the clinic is the presence of its own research laboratory. Scientific activity allows achieving maximum effectiveness in treating the entire spectrum of skin diseases.
Special Clinical Focus:
- Urgent study of histology for basalioma surgery
- Melanoma surgery
- Doppler ultrasound neck test
- Sonography of the lymphonodi
- Differentiated sonography in venous insufficiency and varicose veins
- Varicose veins surgery
- Acne treatment
- Testing in the field of allergy
- Laser treatment of abnormal pigmentation and malignant tumors
Karlsruhe Clinic hires only high-quality and well-trained medical personnel. Together with the up-to-date medical equipment, it enables exact results of diagnostics and efficient treatment of each patient and cure successfully almost the entire spectrum of diseases.
Ophthalmology Clinic of St Vincent Clinic in Karlsruhe
The clinic provides diagnostics and treatment of eye diseases.
- optical laser coherence tomography
- Heidelberg retina tomograph
- microscopy of the corneal endothelium
- computer perimetry and Goldmann perimetry
- keratography and keratometry
- high frequency ultrasound A-B scanning
- anomaloscopу for diagnostics of color vision disorders
- fluorescent angiography
- cameras to film the front and rear segments of the eye
- tonometry and tonography, daily monitoring of ophthalmotonous pressure
- biomicroscopy, ophthalmoscopy
- fitting and consideration of
- fitting of glasses and contact lenses, as well as special glasses and reading aid for people with macular degeneration
Specializations and Clinical Focus:
- Treatment of all diseases of the connective membrane of the eye and the cornea. Both emergency or planned corneal transplantation can be carried out at the clinic. Diagnostics and treatment of keratoconus, crosslinking. Treatment of eyelid diseases. The clinic offers a wide range of the eyelid surgery: correction of eyelid form anomalies, removal of malignant tumors, reconstructive surgery, cosmetic surgery, such as lifting the upper and lower eyelids.
- Diagnostics and surgery of lacrimal system diseases.
- Cataract treatment: ultrasonic sutureless cataract surgery with lenses implantation of different types is one of the most important focus areas of the ophthalmology clinic. This type of surgery is carried out on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia (in most cases we use only eye drops).
- Diagnostics, non-surgical treatment and surgery of glaukoma: micro-invasive glaucoma surgery, laser surgery.
- Diseases of the retina. Retinal detachment, retina degenerative changes, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and vascular occlusion. Ophthalmology clinic offers all advanced methods of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the retina and vitreous body, sutureless vitrectomy, intravitreous injections, laser treatment, etc.
- Childhood and youth ophthalmology. The Clinic provides specialized consultation for visually impaired or blind children. Typical diseases include childhood glaucoma, congenital lenticular opacity, retinopathy in premature infants, uveitis, and vision development disorders.
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammation of the eye uveal tract.
- Diseases of the arcula and optic nerve. Tumors or inflammation in the soft tissues of the arcula may cause eye prominence, eye movement and vision disorders. In such cases, a multi-disciplinary team prescribes complex medical and surgical treatment.
The clinic has an admission room and three in-patient departments (for 55 patients). Mostly, patients are accommodated in comfortable semi-private rooms.
The clinic also has four operating rooms equipped with up-to-date medical equipment and specialized accurate microscopes.
The clinic’s main concern is your comport during the treatment.
Our kitchen team provides a variety of meals on a daily basis. Special options, such as no-cholesterol meals (for diabetic patients, for example) and vegetarian meals, are also available.
The doctors and medical personnel working in all departments of the clinic have vast experience.